A vegetable that divides the nation on Christmas Day. Will you be opting for a serving of Brussels sprouts this year?
If you’re looking for a new way to dish up your spouts ProCook has a recipe that a twist on the classic way of serving sprouts.
Recipe: Caramelised Brussels sprouts with garlic and crispy pancetta
- 50g Butter
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 700g Brussels sprouts
- 200g Pancetta, cut into small chunks
- 1 Handful of fresh parsley
- Begin by removing the outer leaves of your Brussels sprouts, then trim the base and cut them in half lengthways
- Blanch the sprouts in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, drain and set aside
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on a moderately low heat. Add in the garlic and red onion and cook until softened
- Follow with the pancetta, frying for roughly 5 minutes on a medium heat until crispy and golden brown
- Add the sprouts, cut side down into the pan. Season with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until they become caramelised and tender
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle over a handful of fresh parsley and serve immediately
Don’t forget to see ProCook’s six-step-guide on carving the perfect turkey.