In the run up to the annual day of romance the team will be showcasing some of the centre’s great gift ideas and helping shoppers out on social media with their gift buying issues.
There is such much to choose from:
Does your Valentine have a sweet tooth? If so you could head to Thornton’s for a range of special Valentine’s Day chocolates.
Are they a big softy? Clintons has lots of cuddly toys and cushions for the special day.
Is make-up their thing? Both Beauty Outlet and The Body Shop have lots sparkly shades and ruby reds to choose from!
Want to surprise them with an outfit for a meal out? Look no further, Klass, Roman, Next, M&S all have dresses that will create that extra special wow.
And gents can head to Ben Sherman, Ministry of Design, Jeff Banks or Skopes for that dapper outfit. Enter the Ben Sherman competition for the chance to win £250 to spend on clothes!
Help is also at hand for shoppers who are thinking of popping the question or planning a sparkly surprise this month?
Our resident Lakeside Love Doctors have given their advice when it comes to picking the perfect diamond for your lucky partner this Valentine’s Day.
- Consider the cut: From round to heart-shaped, oval and more, the cut and shape of your diamond plays a big part in how your ring looks.
- Choose your colour: Diamonds may look similar at first glance, but they vary in colour. Speak to your jeweller about the varying, often subtle differences that can affect both the look and the cost.
- Care about Carats: The value and size of a diamond is measured in carats. The average size of most engagement-ring diamonds is somewhere between one carat and half a carat.
- Mull over the metal: Does your partner prefer gold when it comes to jewellery? Perhaps they’d prefer platinum or rose gold? Different metals require different upkeep, too, so speak to your jeweller about the options
- Subtle or statement?: From a single ‘solitaire’ diamond to a cluster, you can choose different styles to suit your partner’s personality.
- Size it up: You don’t want to pop the question only to find the ring doesn’t fit, so do your research. Bring one of your partner’s rings in store, or download a free ring sizer online (https://assets.addedlovely.com/signet/ej/ring-sizer/downloads/EJ_RingSizer_1.pdf)
- Setting the style: How your diamond stays in place isn’t just a practical decision, it’s the chance to further customise your ring. Choose from a variety of different settings, including ‘prong’, ‘halo’ or ‘pave’.
Still stuck? The experts at Ernest Jones and Chapelle are on hand to help you make the big decision.
Share your pics, keep up to date and follow us on our social channels: